By Brenda Salter McNeil
Racial and ethnic hostility is one of the most pervasive problems the church faces. It hinders our effectiveness as one body of believers. It damages our ability to witness to and serve seekers. Why won't this problem just go away? Because it is a spiritual battle. What should our response be in a world torn apart by prejudice, hatred and fear? We must employ spiritual weapons--prayer, repentance, forgiveness. In this book Brenda Salter McNeil and Rick Richardson reveal a new model of racial reconciliation, social justice and spiritual healing that creates both individual and community transformation. Read this book if you want to learn how to
- use your faith as a force for change, not as a smoke screen for self-protection
- embrace your true self and renounce false racial identities
- receive and extend forgiveness as an act of racial reconciliation
- experience personal transformation through the healing of painful racial memories
- engage in social action by developing ongoing crosscultural partnerships
This second edition also includes a complete discussion and action guide for study groups.