Spiritual Transformation for the Sake of Others with Robert Mulholland and Ruth Haley Barton: DVD
What is spiritual transformation—really?
How can we move from the false self to the true self in Christ? Is it possible to talk about sin without being judgmental? What is the relationship between personal spiritual formation and our mission in the world?
This DVD allows you and your group to listen in on a dialogue with M. Robert Mulholland Jr. and Ruth Haley Barton as they share stories of their own journeys of transformation in Christ, along with penetrating biblical and theological perspectives. Each of the twelve segments in this 65-minute video is followed by questions for reflection and discussion:
- Invitation to a Journey: Defining Spiritual Formation (6 min.)
- Real Change: From Information to Transformation (4 min.)
- Holistic Spirituality: Addressing the Whole Person (4 min.)
- Holistic Spirituality: Nurturing the Shadow Side (4 min.)
- Let’s Talk about Sin: The Habitual Failures of the Spiritual Journey (4 min.)
- Joining Head and Heart: From Theology to Formation and Back Again (8 min.)
- Shaped by the Word: The Role of Scripture in Spiritual Transformation (9 min.)
- The Deeper Journey: From the False Self to the True Self (5 min.)
- For the Sake of Others: In God for the World (5 min.)
- To Present Everyone Mature in Christ: The Nature of Spiritual Leadership (3 min.)
- Equipping the Saints for the Work of Ministry: Encouragement for Pastors (9 min.)
- In Sickness and in Health: Relying on God in the Journey with Cancer (4 min.)
Ideal for use in leadership, congregational, and small group gatherings. Each segment is followed by questions for reflection and discussion, enabling you and your group to join the conversation as you pursue spiritual transformation in your setting.