INCLUDES: DVD, PARTICIPANT'S GUIDE & BOOK.
Sacred Rhythms: Practices that Nourish Your Soul and Transform Your Life (Zondervan).
--Based on the book, Sacred Rhythms (available from interVarsity Press), Ruth Haley Barton offers teaching and spiritual direction that will help you introduce spiritual formation to your congregation by actually guiding them in practicing the spiritual disciplines. The Participant’s Guide offers additional content, outlines for note-taking, guidance for practicing and reflecting on each discipline in-between sessions, and questions for group discussion.
The curriculum covers the following six sessions:
• Desire: Longing for More in the Spiritual Life
• Solitude and Silence: Creating Space for God
• Lectio Divina: Encountering God in Scripture
• Honoring the Body: Flesh and Blood Spirituality
• The Examen: Bringing My Whole Self to God
• A Rule of Life: Cultivating Your Own Sacred Rhythms
This Transforming Resource™ is ideal for small groups, Sunday School classes, seminars, retreat groups, and spiritual friends. All sessions can be used in a 50 minute classroom/seminar format, an hour and a half small group meeting, or a longer retreat format. The book, Sacred Rhythms, provides more content on the topics covered in curriculum.
The Transforming Resource™ store is the only place to purchase the book Sacred Rhythms, the Sacred Rhythms DVD curriculum and the Participant’s Guide in a bundled set.
- Learn more about bringing a congregational and/or leadership event to your church.
- Listen to this radio interview to hear Ruth talk about Sacred Rhythms and being intentional in our time with God.
Other Places to Buy the DVD/Participant's Guide bundle:
Other Places to Buy Just the DVD:
Other Places to Buy Just the Participant's Guide:
Other Places to Buy Just the Book: